Thursday, August 26, 2010

Temporary Home

"This is my temporary home, it's not where I belong
Windows and rooms that I'm passing through
This is just a stop on the way to where I'm going
I'm not afraid because I know, this is my temporary home."
- sung by Carrie Underwood

Yesterday was a rough day for Brian and I. In one day, we had to say goodbye to Joe and Katie. The only humane thing to do for the both of them, was to let him go. It was a hard decision but the right one for them. They both are no longer in pain.

Joe was with us only for a short time but left a big impression. He was one of the Seehafer crew, husband to JD, protector of the girls, crowed with a big heart and one of the best roosters we've ever met. We love that little man. Joe fought hard to stay with us but whatever had him, got him in the end. We will miss him so much.

Katie, our sweet baby, lost her fight with cancer last night. She gave us 13 wonderful, funny years with her. Katie was a comedian and didn't even know it. She was our alarm clock every morning... this morning was hard not to hear her meow. She was very special to us. Brian's buddy and partner-in-crime, the peacemaker with the other cats, kind to all critters big and small, one half of ying and yang (I'd call Katie and Angel that), big sister to Josie and my dearest friend who would sit and listen to me. We love you Katie.

This place, Seehafer Farm was their temporary home. We are honored that they spent their life with us here on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment