Thursday, January 13, 2011

Snow, Snow and More Snow


As I'm writing this, I turn to my left to look out the window and what do I see, snow... snow on the ground and snow falling from the sky. It's been like this for days. I'm not complaining, I'm just not use to it. The girls (Rose, Dorothy and Blanche) haven't yet come out since the Red-tailed Hawk episode but now I'm thinking it's the cold they don't like... and the Hawk, of course. They've been under their heating lamps staying warm. The girls have also been served their fresh fruits and veggie directly in their roost daily... yeah, Brian and I have suckers written on our foreheads.

Trigger (the rabbit) is doing good. Apparently, rabbits do good in the cold. His home is filled with warm straw that he throws into his wooden house. We fill his water every three to four hours because it freezes.

The turtles have been in hibernation for about a couple of months now. They are in the ground keeping warm. We won't see them till spring.

Right now we are dealing with Angel and Bubba. Last week we found out that Angel has Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy and Bubba had some blood work done on Tuesday. It came back yesterday and some of his liver levels are off. We're going in today to do a ultrasound of his liver. Both Angel and Bubba are 17 years old and they are getting the best care here at home and at VetMed with Dr. Gable, Dr. Harris and the rest of the wonderful crew there. We are very thankful to them for all the care and support they give all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment