Friday, January 22, 2010

Dorna McDonald May

Last Friday my friend Cindi and I went to a art show for Dorna McDonald May. The show was being held at the Nashville Jazz Workshop downtown by the river.

I never had the pleasure and honor of meeting Dorna. She was the wife of one of our client/friend of where I work. Bo May (her husband) and Duncan May (her son) are both wonderful people. The whole family is just awesome.

Dorna was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in January 2007 and passed away November 30 of 2009. I couldn't image the pain she went through but she some how painted on the canvas. Her paintings were so full of emotions that Cindi and I cried. This painting she did of herself... the real Dorna, healthy Dorna.

Some other paintings of hers... just amazing...

I encourage you to please visit her website at: http://www.dornamay.com/

1 comment: